Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Digital Imagery of the Awesomeness of Nature

I mean "awesomeness" in the classic sense. As in, that which inspires awe, a feeling of terror, smallness, inferiority, that which makes us so very aware that we are merely human.

Well, to be perfectly honest, most of what follows is better suited to a volcanology textbook than the Book of Revelations. I've been taking pictures of features that I feel most appropriately showcase the strange and wonderful world of active volcanoes.

Unfortunately, Picasa is being most unhelpful....Ok, this is a load of bullshit. Back in the spring, I could upload an entire album with on click onto Picasa. Now I have to do it five pictures at a time! Screw that, this is a regression. I thought everything on the Net was supposed to get better. Where's the Facebook-style outcry on the castration of Picasa?

Booooooooooooooooooo *breath* boooooooooooooooooooooooo

Here is a video of the coastal entry flow, ie where the active lava flow is emptying into the ocean.



Alrighty then, I'll keep posting photos to Observations_Hawaii_Volcanoes on Picasa, and hopefully we'll eventually get a whole album up. Damn Picasa, damn Google.

A final note on Hawaii's awesomeness... the highest Obama vote % of any state in the nation!!

No comments: