Monday, February 27, 2012

Relocation Excitement

Phase 1 of Thailand is just about complete. We are wrapping up in Hadsiao, the town where my teaching wahine teaches all those cute thai kids. We will be relocating to Khao Sok, a national park in the southern part of thailand, where we will be working for an ecolodge.

The good news! We will be surrounded by verdant natural beauty. There is a good chance I will have an opportunity to help develop / implement nature-based education, for tourists and locals alike. Which is pretty much my life calling.

The bad news :( I've grown rather fond of Hadsiao. Yes, it is always noisy and lacks hiking access. But, it has genuine beauty, we are slowly developing a community here, I am slowly learning thai, and most of all, this is REAL thailand. Real life is happening all around us, and gee, when I choose to engage with it, its rather interesting!

The resultant good news: I promise to put up a photo tour of Hadsiao prior to departure. And I have been compiling notes on interesting aspects of life here to post ASAP as well. Start salivating! The Land of Tasty Treats is about to be served up!

No comments: